Friday, November 7, 2008

The Hardest Days of My Life as a Parent-POTTY TRAINING!

So I was talking to my sister-in law, Sarah on Monday and she told me that she had started to potty train the twins, Nettie and Jo Jo. I felt ashamed because Meg is only a week younger than them. Sarah is an amazing mom and I am sure the twins will be potty trained very soon, but I have been putting this off for so long...and I only have one to deal with. She inspired me and so Tuesday night I finally just made up my mind that we are learning to use the potty and we aren't turning back. I didn't have anything to do on Wednesday and so I thought it would be the perfect time. I didn't realize that my whole day Wednesday would be spent in the bathroom. Wow, what a pain! Meg had seven accidents and four successes that day and I thought that was pretty good. I tried so hard to stay upbeat and not get too frustrated. I prayed many times that day for patience with my little one. Thursday, I was planning on another day like the last, but Meg did so awesome. She only had one accident the entire day. We went to the Utah football game and left her with my cousin and she did great with her too. Today has been really good too so far. I feel pride swelling inside of me for my little girl. I can't believe that she is so big. She is so smart! She has acquired a lot of cars from the movie Cars (I am all about the bribe) and we just went and loaded up on more panties (She chose Cars boys briefs, but that's okay) and things are looking up. I will be so happy to only have one baby's diaper to change. Why didn't I try this earlier? What a week!!!

11 comments:

Cowan Family said...

WOW Laura good job on all the updates. I love your Halloween costumes they are so cute you did a great job. I love the pics of Meg in the snow she is such a Cutie!! Keep it up with the potty training sound like Meg is doing great. I knew she could do it.

Cinderella Mom said...

That is awesome! I still have nightmares of potty training the boys. It is hard to even imagine that she is even old enough! I love the pics of the snow day and the fall leaves you are so great at capturing the moment I love your blog!! Love you sista!

Bevtartly said...

I can't believe she is getting so big! She will probably be about 16 when we come for Christmas

Hadley, Haylee, Preslie & Colter said...

That is GREAT!! potty training is so hard,and requires a lot of patience, dont give up it gets better I promise. I remeber potty training Preslie and it took a whole week of just staying home, but they catch on fast its amazing how smart they are. Did you make the Halloween costumes?? you are such an awesome mom!!

emily said...

Potty training is so fun! (ha ha!) But it sounds like Meg is doing great already!! Way to go Meg!

Walker Fam said...

I just really want to watch you do the "potty dance"! Okay?!?

Mandi said...

Laura, I saw your blog on Haylee's. Your kids are so adorable! Great to see your doing good. Send me your email if you want to be invited to my blog. (its private) Hope to talk to you soon! Mandi Dixon
mandaca44@hotmail.com

Brooke said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm probably potty training 1 year behind my sisters little girl. I decided to give it another try with Abbie this week while unpacking. I had a not so patient moment when the new stairs were all wet. She tried this summer and reverted or I got lazy and stopped wanting to clean the messes while I was prego and sick. Anyway, sorry so long I can totally relate. Glad all is going well.

heather said...

II'm a friend of Dave's from way back in the big hair days. Your family is gorgeous and way to go on the potty training!!

Jessica said...

Did you read my blog when I seriously started to TEAR UP! when Seth finally figured out going to the bathroom?

It's the best thing ever!

KatieGirl said...

Hey Laur...I didn't realize what an impact my little boys had on little Meg...I mean with the whole "cars" thing..I think family really is important and it is amazing how much family means to me and my little ones as well. They love Meg and Will and the time we got to spend with them in their home. I guess who knows, there may be a time when we all get to live closer...You know my boys LOVE those CARS...and I think it is just GREAT that Meg does too. She is such a sweetie! LOVE YA!