Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lake Powell


This past Labor Day, we went to Lake Powell with my family. We met up with my brother and new sister-in-law who just moved to Arizona. It was so good to see them. It seems they have been gone a lot longer than a month. We left for Powell at five in the morning on Friday. I thought that it would be a rough drive, being so tired and all, but I actually liked it better than driving in the pure daylight. We got to Page at around noon, with plenty of time to do some boating. We got on the boat and started to head out to the main channel. My dad realized that something was wrong with the boat. We headed back to the dock and found out that the fuel pump was bad. We spent the rest of the day on the dock trying to hunt down a new fuel pump. We couldn't find the part anywhere nearby. My dad and uncle Tate were such troopers and got up the next morning at four and drove to Vegas in hopes that they could find someone with the part there. They ended up finding the part and came back and had it installed. You would think that this would have put a big damper on all of the fun that we were looking forward to having, but I actually had a fun time hanging out with my family on the dock. I was introduced to Sudoku and am addicted to it now. I learned that my brother can regurgitate food (weird!). My kids had a great time because there were so many people who wanted to play with and hold them. We finally got out on the water on Saturday and had some time to play in the water. The water was so nice and warm. Will even liked swimming in it. I love Lake Powell so much and love spending time with my family. Everyone was so good to us and helped us out with our kids. It was a very pleasant little trip.

What a cute bod!

Waiting at the dock...the repair man is in the boat and we are almost done waiting. Yeah!

Once we got out on the water, this storm followed us.


My aunt Kellie gave up her sweatshirt so Will wouldn't get too cold. I didn't think I would need to pack warm clothes for Lake Powell.


These garbage bags kept us somewhat dry and warm. We had to tell Meg that they were called "Boat Coats" so she would even put one on. Even then, she wasn't too happy to be wearing one.


Meg loves being in the water. Dave let her "ski" as they barely dragged behind the boat and I rode the tube with her.


It finally warmed up and we had a great time. Will especially liked being in the boat.

3 comments:

Anisa said...

That looks so fun! We used to go to Lake Powell several times a summer when we were kids (growing up in St. George and all). It was always a blast!

Bevtartly said...

We had such a great time. I want to go back. It was so good to spend time with you guys. I love that you are addicted to sudoku now! It really does feel like we have been gone longer than we really have. Talk to you soon.

emily said...

awww...so much fun! I miss Powell!